Thursday, August 3, 2017




BOOK COVER






Click on the image to get a close-up.

Yesterday right after the state supreme court released its decision, I emailed my editor to ask if I could still make a few small revisions to the text. I caught him just in time, as he was preparing to send it to the printer. Thankfully, I was able to revise several sentences and paragraphs to reflect the new decision and brings some closure to the story.

Here is the cover. It includes info about the book and four (very kind) endorsements. I am pleased with the illustration, but I must say I did not choose it. My first choice was the Sheldon church ruins. Then, I thought too depressing. Next, I wanted the two cathedrals in Charleston. Then, I thought too confrontational. After, I though nature scene: Angel Oak on Johns Island (my favorite tree) to symbolize age and endurance; generic cypress swamp, same; marshes, vast, eternal and serene, as the power of God. My editor chose the last without consulting me. As it turned out, I could not have chosen a better picture.

I am told the book is to be in hand by the end of the month, first as a large and thick paperback (550 pages).

I will keep readers posted on when pre-orders can be made on the Wipf and Stock website.

After I saw a lot of historical misinformation yesterday, I think we need this book now more than ever.  

For those of you who have been kind enough to ask about my health, I can tell you I am well. I finished my radiation treatments a few weeks ago; and all signs are good now. It was a bit of a struggle to finish the book while I was having treatments, but I managed well with the support and help of many good people. I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.