Tuesday, July 10, 2018





JULY 10 - LETTER TO THIS EDITOR



Today we have yet another outstanding letter to this editor, this one from a person in a parish that went along with the schism. He chose to stay with his church family and now looks forward to his parish's return to the Episcopal Church.
_________________________________________


Letter to this editor.

My spiritual life for me has been a life long learning experience.

Upon meeting my future wife who was a life long Episcopalian, I found the Episcopal Church to be an easy transition due to the knowledge I had gained thru my Christian development.

On my wedding day my wife and I were married in the beautiful "little red church" The Episcopal Church of the Resurrection in Surfside Beach, SC. Years later a parishioner donated land to construct a new church in a more prominent location that allowed for growth and expansion. Even though we loved our dear "red church" we moved with our fellow parishioners to our new church home.

During 2012 when the Diocese of South Carolina left the Episcopal Church we made the decision to remain with our home church. After the schism began we witnessed many of our fellow parishioners leave to find other church homes. Steadfastly we remained at our church home, even thru today.

A long legal battle has ensued over the years between DSC and The Episcopal Church as to who is right and who is wrong. Again we remained steadfast to our home church while praying that God's will be done.

The Episcopal Church will soon regain control of 28 parishes here in Eastern South Carolina, including our home church, The Church of the Resurrection. We will be returning to The Episcopal Church of the Resurrection.

The Episcopal Church will be holding open forums for returning parishes/parishioners beginning on July 16th in Conway, SC. Two other forums will be held on July 17 in Charleston, SC and the last on July 18 in Bluffton, SC. I plan on attending the Conway forum on the 16th.

My prayer is many other parishioners will attend one of these meetings in their area. All that is required is to bring any questions or concerns, but more importantly, an open heart. We are not required to leave the church buildings we have grown to cherish.

However we will have a grand opportunity to begin anew again. While remaining in our beloved church homes, we can grow spiritually, while together expanding the body of Christ.

Randolph Wilson,
Myrtle Beach
_______________________________________

Thank you, Mr. Wilson, for sharing your experience with us. All I can say after that is: I am lost in admiration for such an honest and courageous Christian, an innocent victim who ultimately refused to be a victim. This letter should be an inspiration for thousands of other people out there who also have open, and maybe hurting, hearts. As Mr. Wilson, you do not have to leave your church homes.


I know there are many more people out there with stories to tell. You need to share then with us. It will help you. It will help us. I have been most impressed by the letters to this editor, and so have my readers. Nearly 6,000 people have accessed the letters since I began posting them two weeks ago. Go on, write down your experience in the schism and send it to me:

ronaldcaldwell1210@gmail.com