Monday, September 25, 2017




A NOTE --- SEPTEMBER 25


For the past week, I have not made any postings on this blog as I have been away from my computer. On last Thursday, I gave a talk on the history of the schism to the Third Thursday luncheon at Grace Church Cathedral in Charleston. The people in charge said the crowd was the largest ever for this monthly event. There are photos on Facebook---Episcopal Church in South Carolina---September 21. The link to Facebook is here . I was impressed by how well-informed people were. The questions and discussions were excellent. I think I learned as much from the attendees as they learned from me. Everyone was kind and gracious, as Charlestonians always are. Of course, I thoroughly enjoyed it all. I also enjoyed visited family and friends in Florence.

The Grace Church Cathedral bookstore has sold out of my new book for the moment, A History of the Episcopal Schism in South Carolina, but new copies will be arriving soon. One may also order it online at the publisher's website here . 

Concerning the schism, a great deal has happened in the past week. I am sorting through it all and will return as soon as possible to relay news and commentary on the various turns of events in the past few days. There is much to cover. The schism is reaching a critical point. I will return asap.